The Annual Orlando AHEPA Chapter # 161 Scholarship
Scholarship Program Rules and Regulations
2023 Applications Are No Longer Being Accepted
[Incomplete Applications will be Disqualified]
Eligibility for Scholarships
An applicant for scholarship under this program must be:
- A legal resident of the territory under the jurisdiction of Orlando AHEPA Chapter #161, ORDER OF AHEPA FAMILY for at least two (2) years.
- The applicant shall be one of the following:
- A son, a daughter, or grandchild of an AHEPAN or DAUGHTERS OF PENELOPE who is a member in good standing in Orlando AHEPA Chapter #161.
- A member of the SONS of PERICLES or MAIDS of ATHENA who is a member in good standing in Citrus District 2.
- A child of an AHEPAN or DAUGHTERS OF PENELOPE who has died and who at the time of death was a member in good standing in Orlando AHEPA Chapter #161.
- Orphaned by the loss of both parents and residing permanently in Citrus District 2.
- Sponsored by a chapter which has paid its District 2 Assessment for the current year.
Recipients must have been accepted for admission and enrolled in an academically accredited college, university, or technical school. The recipients should submit a copy of the original Bursar’s receipt from the school which they are attending to the Scholarship Committee.
- The Annual Orlando AHEPA Chapter #161 SCHOLARSHIP award will be a minimum amount of FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00).
- The number of scholarships will be determined by the amount of funds available.
- Applications for the scholarship program will be considered only for students accepted by an accredited college, university in an undergraduate program or technical school taking a minimum of 6 credits.
- Eligible students may receive a scholarship up to two times.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed upon receipt of official registration documentation.
- The application due date is on or before March 31, 2023. Applications that are mailed to the Scholarship Secretary via US Postal Service, or other services must be postmarked on or before March 31, 2023. Any application received via mail or electronically after March 31, 2023 will automatically be disqualified.
- The final selection of the scholarship recipients will be made by the Scholarship Selection Committee based on the criteria listed within this application.
The approval or rejection of the scholarship application will be officially communicated in writing to the applicant. Notification of all scholarship recipients will be sent to all AHEPA FAMILY Chapters.
C/O: George Bakamitsos
1631 Summerland Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789